Different Visas for Students

All students from abroad must have a visa to study in the UK.

 The main guidance page is www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the-uk

Student Visa (Tier 4 Adult Student Visa)

The school is a Licensed Sponsor for Tier 4 student visa applications and can be found in the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) Register of licensed sponsors.

Please see the UK Visas and Immigration section of the UK Government web site for full information on adult student visas.

What we will need from you

Before we can issue a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) which you must have before applying for a Tier 4 visa you will need to send us the following:

  • a completed application form including intended start and finish dates
  • a scan of your passport
  • an official certificate to prove that your level of English is at least B1 on the Common European Framework (see the UKVI website for a list of approved English language tests)
  • confirmation that you have funding for all fees and for living expenses for the whole period of study
  • full payment of all tuition fees (see Fees section)

Please contact us for more information or to apply.

Student Visa (Tier 4) and Short-term students can apply at:


Short Term Study Visa

The short term study visa is available for visitors who wish to take short courses of study of a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 11 months in the UK but do not wish to take part-time work or extend their visas. Depending on your country of origin you may have to apply for this visa before travelling to the UK. See the UKVI website for full details.

There is no minimum standard of English required by UK Visas and Immigration for students applying for a student visitor visa to study English language although you must be at least pre-intermediate level (level A2 on the Common European Framework) to attend group classes in the school.

We are accredited by ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate) and can provide you with a letter of acceptance as a student at this centre to allow you to apply to the British Embassy in your country for a Short Term Study Visa for up to a maximum of 11 months.

Please contact us for more information or to apply.

Student Visas (Tier 4) and Short-term Study Visas can be applied for at:


Standard Visitor Visa

 Many students can study in the UK for a maximum of 6 months without a visa and some nationalities need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

Visitors with a Standard Visitor visa are allowed to study in the UK flexibly during the validity of the visa, which is usually six months.  A minimum level of English required. Students cannot work with this visa, but they can volunteer. We will provide a confirmation letter to show that you have been accepted on an accredited course. The English Language Centre is an accredited centre in the UK.

For further information on obtaining a visa to study in the UK, see the UK Visas and Immigration section of the UK Government web site.